Teach character education through an innovative, cross-curricular musical program. "Drumming Up Character" combines reading, writing, and visual art activities with upbeat hip-hop music, drumming, Character Rap songs, and dances highlighting 10 good character themes. Topics covered include Fairness, Caring, Responsibility, Respect, Self-Control, Citizenship, Courage, Trustworthiness, Perseverance, and Integrity. Use this innovative program to stage a "Drumming Up Character" student performance and enhance your school's character education program with exciting content sure to reach even the most challenging students, grades K-8. This 2nd Edition set includes a 146 page Teacher's Guide book, 21 track CD, and comprehensive instructional DVD.
The Drumming Up Character Teacher's Guide features:
A TEACHER'S "HOW TO" with 50+ pages on:
• Dancing Drum's Rhythm Phonics method
• Leading drumming activities in the classroom
• Leading dancing and singing activities
• Implementing a performance-based program
• 10 Character Chapters
• 10 Profiles in Character (historical biographies)
• 10 Character in Action activities
• 10 Character Raps
• 10 Character Rhythms, in Rhythm Phonics & standard notation
• 100+ Photos & Illustrations
• Vocabulary Synonyms & Antonyms
• Reading Comprehension questions
• Performance Invitation & Certificate of Achievement
• Teacher's Key & Bibliography
• CD with 21 music tracks, with and without lyrics
• DVD with full instructions for all rhythms and dances
This curriculum set covers national educational standards for Music, Dance, Visual Arts, Science, Social Sciences, Language Arts, Physical Education & Health.
146 pages, illustrated
2nd Edition, made in the USA
$ 399.95 $ 510.45
This set includes 30 "Drumming Up Character" student workbooks, 1 "Drumming Up Character" Teacher's Guide book, CD & DVD, and 1 "Team Player Attitudes" poster.
$ 109.90 $ 119.90
This classroom set includes 1 "Drumming Up World Music: West Africa" Teacher's Guide book, CD & DVD and 1 West Africa Color Poster Set. The poster set includes twenty 11"x17"...
Welcome to "The Rhythm Is Here! A World Music Journey in Rhythm & Song", a Rhythm Hunters' Adventure for grades K-8. This comprehensive curriculum is designed to inspire a spirit...
This print set features 20 vibrant, full-color, 11"x17" illustrations from the "Drumming Up World Music: West Africa" curriculum. Digitally printed on 80# gloss paper, these posters bring to life the...