Workshop-to-Performance includes a series of hands-on drumming workshops for select groups of students who perform what they learned at a school-wide assembly at the conclusion of the program. During the workshop portion of the program, students learn a unique ensemble piece, which can include exciting rhythms, drum breaks and drum solos. By the end of the workshops, each student group is ready to showcase their ensemble piece at the final performance with Dancing Drum. This a perfect program for students who enjoy drumming and to be put in the spotlight!
• Full-day program lasting 1-2 school days.
• A 1-Day W2P has workshops in the morning and final performances in the afternoon.
• A 2-Day W2P has a full day of workshops on Day 1. Day 2 has workshops in the morning and final performances in the afternoon.
• Recommended workshop size is 60 students or less, grouped by grade level or similar age.
• If possible, it’s best to have the workshops and final performances in the same location.
• Limit the final performance audiences to 350 or less.
• Set-up time required: 2 hours; Tear-down time: 1.5 hours. If students and staff are present, we can work around them.
Sample Schedule for a 1-Day W2P
Involving 4 groups from grades 2 & 5, with approximately 240 students participating in the workshops and the entire school attending the shows.
Workshop 1: 9:00-9:45 – 2nd Grade A
Workshop 2: 9:45-10:30 – 2nd Grade B
Workshop 3: 10:30-11:15 – 5th Grade A
Workshop 4: 11:15-12:00 – 5th Grade B
Performance 1: 12:45-1:45pm for Grades K-3 (Featuring 2nd Grades A & B)
Performance 2: 1:50-2:50pm for Grades 4-6 (Featuring 5th Grades A & B)
- Jennifer, Music Teacher, Katy, TX