Teach character education through an innovative, cross-curricular musical program. "Drumming Up Character" combines reading, writing, and visual art activities with upbeat hip-hop music, drumming, Character Rap songs, and dances highlighting 10 good character themes. Topics covered include Fairness, Caring, Responsibility, Respect, Self-Control, Citizenship, Courage, Trustworthiness, Perseverance, and Integrity. Use this innovative program to stage a "Drumming Up Character" student performance and enhance your school's character education program with exciting content sure to reach even the most challenging students, grades K-8. This 2nd Edition set includes a 146 page Teacher's Guide book, 21 track CD, and comprehensive instructional DVD.
The Drumming Up Character Teacher's Guide features:
A TEACHER'S "HOW TO" with 50+ pages on:
• Dancing Drum's Rhythm Phonics method
• Leading drumming activities in the classroom
• Leading dancing and singing activities
• Implementing a performance-based program
• 10 Character Chapters
• 10 Profiles in Character (historical biographies)
• 10 Character in Action activities
• 10 Character Raps
• 10 Character Rhythms, in Rhythm Phonics & standard notation
• 100+ Photos & Illustrations
• Vocabulary Synonyms & Antonyms
• Reading Comprehension questions
• Performance Invitation & Certificate of Achievement
• Teacher's Key & Bibliography
• CD with 21 music tracks, with and without lyrics
• DVD with full instructions for all rhythms and dances
This curriculum set covers national educational standards for Music, Dance, Visual Arts, Science, Social Sciences, Language Arts, Physical Education & Health.
146 pages, illustrated
2nd Edition, made in the USA
$ 12.00 $ 15.00
TubeStix are percussion tubes for softer playing. Custom-designed for the music classroom, these bright red drum sticks are made of a strong and lightweight plastic. Use TubeStix on any type of stick drum...
$ 24.95 $ 30.00
Grade Level Rhythm Chants & Drum Breaks for Kindergarten through Sixth Grade One of the wonderful aspects of ensemble drumming is the feeling of teamwork that it inspires. As our...
Welcome to "The Rhythm Is Here! A World Music Journey in Rhythm & Song", a Rhythm Hunters' Adventure for grades K-8. This comprehensive curriculum is designed to inspire a spirit...
Take a musical journey through five West African countries with Dancing Drum! This teacher's guide book, CD and DVD set contains 10 ensemble arrangements for drums and xylophones, based on...