This intensive will be full of hands-on drumming experiences to prepare you to start or enhance a drumming program at your school AND improve your own drumming skills and technique. Join Steve Campbell & Lindsay Rust from Dancing Drum for this exciting summer teacher training and learn our methods for successful drumming in elementary music classrooms.
Our theme this summer is "The Rhythm is Here!"
• This 5-hour, hands-on workshop will be full of new rhythms, activities and techniques to add to your drumming program.
• We will also cover material from our newest curriculum program The Rhythm is Here!, as well as activities from Drumming Up Character, Drumming Up World Music: West Africa, and Community Drum Ensemble.
• This workshop will enable you to lead your drumming classes and performances with more confidence and excitement.
• This is an interactive, hands-on experience and you will be drumming, singing, and moving throughout the training.
• Drums and other materials will be provided.
REGISTRATION & PAYMENT
To register, please visit the link below.
This workshop is open to all current music teachers and music education or music therapy students currently enrolled in college or university.
8/10: REGISTRATION IS CLOSED FOR THE 2022 SUMMER WORKSHOP!
Saturday, August 13th
Asheville Family Drum Day at East Asheville Library
For more info and to RSVP, please visit the Facebook event page HERE.
Friday, August 12th
Asheville Drum Circle
This freeform drumming event happens weekly at Pritchard Park in downtown Asheville. It's not a Dancing Drum event, but for people who enjoy drumming, it can definitely be a highlight of your visit to Asheville! (Starts around 4:30pm until 9:00pm, weather permitting. Bring your own instrument.)