This intensive will be full of hands-on drumming experiences to prepare you to start or enhance a drumming program at your school AND improve your own drumming skills and technique. Join Steve Campbell from Dancing Drum for this exciting summer teacher training and learn our methods for successful drumming in elementary music classrooms.
• This 3-hour, hands-on workshop will be full of new rhythms, activities and techniques to add to your drumming program.
• We will also cover material from our newest curriculum program The Rhythm is Here!, as well as activities from Drumming Up Character, Drumming Up World Music: West Africa, and Community Drum Ensemble.
• This workshop will enable you to lead your drumming classes and performances with more confidence and excitement.
• This is an interactive, hands-on experience and you will be drumming, singing, and moving throughout the training.
• Drums and other materials will be provided.
This workshop i s offered FREE of charge! Please let us know you're coming by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, school, and school district.
This workshop is open to all current music teachers and music education or music therapy students currently enrolled in college or university.